WordCamps are a great place to find work within the WordPress economy. Aside from the obvious benefit of being able to introduce yourself directly to some of the larger WordPress agency owners, there is almost always a “Looking For Talent” whiteboard where companies can jot down their information and attendees can follow up with during at the camp or afterwards.
If you weren’t able to make it to WordCamp Miami and you are looking for WordPress work, dig into the links below! I’ve broken out as much as I could from the white board and have listed it all here for you! Note: this is not EVERYTHING on that board – I couldn’t make out the business card information. If you were at WordCamp Miami and you want to add job opportunity information that I haven’t included, please drop the information in the comments below and I’ll update the post if/when that info arrives. I have vetted everything below and have included as much basic info as possible. Serious linkage below!
Companies / Individuals Hiring WordPress Talent
- Wide range of listings.
- Worldwide locations.
- No idea if remote work or not.
@Aysha Marie Zouain from Blackened Honesty WordPress Web Designer to help roll out a new site for NewVisionGraphics.com. This is a **Miami Only** position. You can contact Aysha here. Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists No details listed on job board. First glance of their site… hopefully they’re looking to update the whole thing! There are a lot of jobs posted on their Careers Section. I also asked them, via Twitter, for more information. Will update if / when more info is communicated.
- WordPress Developers and Designers
- Contact her here: http://theinnovativeconsultant.com/contact-me/
@Jason Ibarra with SherlockTech Staffing Jason recruits for Sherlock Tech Staffing He is also very active in the WordPress Community They are looking for WordPress Designers and Developers Contact Jason via work email: Jason@sherlocktech.com Twitter: Hiring WP Talent is @jasonibarra
@Lightmaker is a digital agency, looking for Talented WordPressers with offices in Florida, California and the UK.
- Business Analyst / Product Owner > Location Not Specified
- Sr. Digital Producer / Project Manager > Location Not Specified
- Digital Project Coordinator > Orlando
- Lead Web Designer > San Diego or Orlando
- Digital Producer / Project Manager > Orlando
- Web Developer / Engineer > Orlando
- Sitecore Developer / Engineer > Orlando
@Vocativ Based in NYC – not sure about remote positions. Check out Their Site Their Twitter Feed Their Facebook Page And if you’re excited about what they’re doing…. Contact them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org +Laura Raymond with @DestinationCuisine Looking for help with WordPress Development, Themes and BuddyPress Check out their website: http://destinationcuisine.com/ Contact Laura via the Contact Form at the bottom of her About Page: http://destinationcuisine.com/about/ BrandCo.com Based in Orlando Looking for a local WordPress Dev Somewhat dead Twitter and Google Plus account Check out their Facebook Page for up to date info on company happenings Connect with David Parsons via Twitter or email to: email@example.com CollegeSwitch.net Active Facebook Page Run by Andre Buchanan in Miami, FL. No other info available. Contact via http://www.collegeswitch.net/contactus/ @Impulse Creative looks like a really cool inbound marketing agency! Hiring a UI/UX Developer w/WordPress Experience Looking for developers with WP / PHP / HTML / CSS experience. Looking for other unpaid positions via internships. I think this is a horrible practice and I’m not going to link to the postings, but you can peruse yourself if you’d like. Personally, I think companies should pay for the work they get out of interns.
@SouthernWeb located in Atlanta, looking to fill a few key positions:
- WordPress Theme Developer > to work in the Atlanta offices
- Back End Development Project Manager
- Appointment Setter
- Web Graphic Designer w/WordPress Experience
- Not sure if these are all based in Atlanta or if there is an opportunity for remote work.
- Wide range of services offered – not just WordPress development.
WordPress Based Agencies / Companies Looking for WordPress Professionals
BuddyBoss.com Themes and Plugins for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
- Theme Designer / Developer
- Plugin Developer
- Lead Generator
- Point of Contact: @Michael Eisenwasser
@Delicious Brains is a small WordPress agency run by some top notch developers.
- Join ranks with Brad Touesnard and his team
- Ideal for Senior Level WordPress Expert
- Check out their Careers Page: https://deliciousbrains.com/careers/
- Apply via their Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ek1yzEEjhtr43P8c7qpRY5cdVB4dKNXHy9o…
@Human Made Limited is a WordPress VIP Agency based in the UK 100%
- Support remote employees
- Well respected within the WordPress Community
- Small agency leaving a big impact.
- Has one of the coolest URL’s I’ve seen!! http://hmn.md/
- Recently hired for the following positions:
- If you love WordPress, want to work remote, and want to work with a small agency – check out their hiring page & drop them a note: http://hmn.md/is/hiring/
- Also – don’t you just LOVE the URL structures?! I’m totally excited by them!! #nerdalert
@WPEngine : If you don’t know…. one of the most well-trusted WordPress Hosting Companies out there!
- I love this company! They are doing amazing things in WP Hosting, within their own company, and within the WordPress Community at Large.
- All positions are local to Austin, TX.
- There are quite a few positions to pick from:
- Well known, well loved company that really knows how to give back to the very community that has helped to build them into the hosting empire they are today.
@Sucuri specializes in WordPress / Website Security
- Supports remote employees
- A larger agency focusing on website security.
- Very active in the WordPress Community.
- The CEO, @dremeda, is a friend and he runs a fun podcast with my boss!
- Hiring a Senior PHP Developer
- Hiring a Senior Front End Developer
- Other PHP Developers, UX/UI Designers and Front End Developers.
- You can connect with the Sucuri team for the unlisted job openings via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
@CrowdFavorite is a another really awesome WordPress Agency.
- They are currently actively hiring for Front and Back-End Web Developers, but are always taking resumes for the following positions:
- Web App Interface Designers
- FrontEnd Designers
- Web Developers
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance & Special Projects
- They typically hire for their offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but remote candidates are considered from time to time.
@Maintainn is yet another really cool WordPress Agency!
- They are hiring a Front End Developer.
- You would get to work with some of my favorite people on the face of the WordPress Earth!
- This is a small, close knit agency.
- Fully distributed company (everyone works from home.)
@ModernTribeInc is a top notch WordPress Agency. They are looking for: