Semi-Private Cecchetti Technique Classes For Serious Students of Dance
- Combo Level I/II Class Mondays 1:00-2:30pm
- Beginning Level I Class Thursdays 5:45-7:00pm
- Combo Level I/II Class Thursdays 7:00-8:30pm
To maintain individualized instruction, enrollment is limited to 3 students per class.
- Only serious students of dance will be accepted into this program.
- Applicant must have at least 1-2 years of ballet training
- You may submit a secured electronic application from this website or email me directly* for more information. *swalston3 at yahoo dot com
- Applicants will be contacted upon receipt of application.
- Combo Level I/II class will cover the CCA Syllabus for grades I and II. Student should be able to, at the end of the academic ballet calendar, present himself or herself for both the Gr. I and Gr. II examinations. This class is ideal for students ages 13 and older who are presently working at an intermediate or advanced level. Examinations are offered in October (San Antonio), March (Denton), June (San Antonio) or July (Austin).
- Beginning Level I class will cover the CCA Gr. I syllabus. Students are expected to take their Gr. I exam in June of 2010. Students can be working at a beginning level, but should have at least 1 year of prior ballet instruction. This class is ideal for children ages 9-12.
- All classes will cover ballet technique, ballet theory, ballet history, basic music awareness, and anatomy and physiology information relevant to the dancer. This is a comprehensive course. Student may utilize this course in the home school for academic credit.
- Students are required to participate in examinations in order to advance through the levels. There are a total of 8 levels in the CCA Syllabus. Presently, only Grades I and II are being offered. More advanced work will be available as students progress. I am presently certified to present students through Gr. IV.
- Note: This program should be taken alongside other ballet/dance training. It is not advised to only study ballet from a technical aspect. Balanced dance training includes a broad spectrum of dance arts. Non-syllabi class, variations, pointe work for advanced students, and pas de deux classes are highly recommended for any ballet student desiring a professional dance career.
- Please review the Tuition and Fees Policy Page
- The classes offered are semi-private lessons. Normally private lessons cost $65/hr. Financially, this is a great opportunity for dancers to gain mastery of the Cecchetti work.