I’m in the zone. That is…. I only have 3 more classes to supervise and then I’m HOME FREE. Today is my last day chaperoning students! YAHOO!!! I have seen more ballet classes in the past 2 weeks than I ever thought humanly possible!! It’s been great fun though. Yes, there are some funny and not so funny stories – but this blog is not the space for it – and no one would really get the stories anyway because you weren’t here!
But for the record my favorite parts of camp have been – in no particular order –
- Dina, Charlie and Tina
- Mandatory Soda Pop Meetings at 10:45pm for select counselors
- “WWYMS!!” Wrist Bands for the Dancers*
- The Policy and Procedure Manual for the Assembling of the Lanyards
- Yelling “NO TALKING” at the girls in the locker room!!!!
Singing my RESPECT song to the girls at the Karaoke Party*
- My Motto of the Day*
- My Night Time JIngle*
- Purposefully groaning at the top of my lungs in the middle of the courtyard where all the students were as I walked back to my dorm after a really long day with a bunch of really rowdy kids — and then Dina and I laughing so hard about it that we had a hard time walking into the dorm!
- Ping Pong Tournament Sarah Style
- Saying Y’all to the Northerners excessively on purpose
- Calling Ms. Simmons, “That British Gal”
- Telling someone, “No, I don’t know so-and-so who lives north of Dallas in some obscure little town.” And having them say, “Oh well, I just thought because you were from Texas you might know her.” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- Laughing so hard my sides hurt with Dina and Charlie
- Confiscating cookies from the dining hall for our pizza party so we didn’t have to buy dessert. The girls thought that was really funny.
- The New Rules we wrote up
- Having this coming Friday and Saturday totally OFF DUTY.
- Dina trying to kill me in her car.
- Ballet Brain!!
- And I think the Awards Banquet tomorrow night is going to be a lot of fun.
WWYMS Wrist Bands: Instead of WWJD Wrist Bands I told the girls I was going to get them wristbands that said, “WWYMS!!” which stands for WHAT WOULD YOUR MOTHER SAY!! It was funny.
My RESPECT song goes like this:
R-E-S-P-E-C-T, That is what you need to give me. No more talking in class for you. And get off all of those barres too!!!
Motto of the Day: Smart Dancers Dance, Foolish Dancers get sent HOME.
Night Time Jingle (you gotta say it with a little rhythm):
9:00 In YOUR Dorm
9:30 On Your Floor
10:00 To Your Room
10:30 SHUT YOUR DOOR!!!!
I’ll be home Saturday evening sometime! See you all soon!