Thirteen Things This Thursday To Treasure
- Waking up knowing things were just as they should be between myself and one of my closest friends. Peace.
- Experiencing the help of my oldest son, Adri, as he willingly helped me get the other children dressed, lunches made for everyone, Bibles and folders gathered, toddlers buckled into car seats and reminding me to lock the door as we left this morning for Bible Study. Love.
- Listening to other women openly share what they learned from the time they spent in their bible studies the previous week as we all move through the study together. Kindness.
- Passing by the lady with the basket of chocolates in her hand and just saying, “No Thank You.” Even though I was really thinking, “Oh just one won’t hurt!” And again after dinner, while serving the children ice cream…and not having to struggle with sin of gluttony anymore. Self-control.
- Hearing Hannah recite her memory verse from Bible School. Goodness.
- Listening to Ean tell me all about what it means to be “obedient to God’s word”. Goodness.
- Laughing with Adri when he told me he prayed that “the men at Legos would pay $50 for his lego design so he could buy some light sabers”. Goodness.
- Appreciating the teacher in Claire’s “3 yr old” room who cherishes my daughter’s playful spirit. (Claire left her class room on all fours, pretending to be a cat, and even “meowed” goodbye at her teacher…who just laughed and played along.) Gentleness.
- Deep satisfaction at the genuine love my children are receiving from their bible study teachers. Faithfulness.
- Getting 3 big kids and 2 preschoolers down for quiet time, getting 3 toddlers and 1 Gramma down for naps and rocking 1 newborn to sleep in my 900 sf, 3 bedroom home we like to affectionately call “The Closet”. Longsuffering. (Patience)
- Watching my niece play her piano piece, correctly, with an attitude of gratefulness and respect toward her teacher (her mother) which was juxtaposed to her beginning lesson 2 weeks ago..seeing how God has turned the heart of my niece toward her mother and has answered a heart’s prayer. Faithfulness.
- Watching Grafted’s Cuddlebug try her best to execute a plie from first position in center floor while twisting her left piggy-tail with her left hand while her right hand is fiddling with her ballet skirt. Joy.
- A day bathed by the Fruit of the Spirit. Priceless. My cup runneth over…
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
Gal. 5:22-23 NKJV